Tuesday 2 October 2012

TUESDAY

Hey Guys!

Today is Tuesday
(cue Miranda-like voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98SFgAp4ucg)
which means......


IT'S REVIEW TIME

Most of the drug store brands I have come across tend to suck at making decent nail polishes, but Barry M has not disappointed. Usually I go into Superdrug just to have a quick look and wander over to the Barry M stall expecting to find nothing that particularly takes my fancy. This time, however, I walked over and discovered that my particular branch of Superdrug had changed the layout and I found that they had also stocked up on nail paints from Barry M that I had never seen before (how long were they out of stock!?) Instead of the usual 10 colours they usually had on display they now had the full collection. The first colour that caught my eye was a beautiful light lemon shade that would have been perfect for summer. So, knowing me I bought it. Even though it is now Autumn (Fall).
 .Nail Paint - Lemon Ice Cream
The second shade that also looked very attractive was this beautiful emerald green colour with a nice shimmer to it. It somehow reminds me of Christmas and I'm sure you'll see it pop up in quite a few favourites blog posts because the colour is simply divine! 
Nail Paint - Emerald Green
After trying out both the colours I have to say (for drug store products) I'm impressed! The Emerald green has a beautiful shimmer that looks stunning on both short and long nails. It only needed two very thin coats to get the desired effect and even with just one coat it looked amazing! The yellow, unfortunately, disappointed me as I was expecting a much more vibrant but at the same time lighter shade of yellow. I guess I was silly from thinking that a yellow could be opaque and not look like mustard. Only what could have been expected of only £6 from my pocket (for both).

I LOVE BARRY M THOUGH.

Bye for now!

Becca xx

No comments:

Post a Comment