Thursday 4 April 2013

Blueberry Barry M Gel Nail Paint

What's up, guys,

So this is a completely out of the 'blue' (hahaha) review but yesterday I purchased a little gem from my local Superdrug. By now you guys have probably figured my love for all things Barry M but this one particular product is my all-time nail polish favourite.
The particular colour I chose from the new Gel Effect range is called 'Blueberry' and is a beautiful bluey-lilacy colour. The colour is not only beautiful in the bottle but also on the nails, which I find is quite rare for a drugstore nail polish. This particular colour is perfect for Spring, although I think that this colour will live up to full potential when matched with a tan and sunnies. I think what i love most about this colour, though, is that there aren't really many others like it. A lot of drugstore brands are going for the bluey colours but they are just failing. Also, High-end brands tend to fall into the darker, more sophisticated ( and not really spring-y) colours of nail polish and I'm not 100% sure if the price tag can really match up to how much use i'll get out of the colour.

Not only is the colour great, but also the texture of the nail paint. It's so easy to put on, doesn't stain, and it's just so smooth. When the first layer is applied it's difficult to see what makes this line of nail polishes any different from others. But with the second coat you can see the beauty of it. Most normal drugstore polishes will start smooth but within an hour of 'doing things' the shine has just gone, and it looks drab and dreary. However with this polish you feel like you've just had them done even on the third day. 

The other line of colours are as beautiful as this one and I can't wait to buy some of (all of) them. (And for the price tag I really wouldn't mind it as, even on a students budget, they cost £4 each. Bargain!

Adios!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment