Tuesday 9 April 2013

☆☆☆☆ Review - Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Foundation

I'm sure I don't even need to mention this product, as it has been reviewed and raved about by many a beauty blogger. The reason I stumbled across this perfect Spring product was actually through Tanya Burr, who stated that this was a simply amazing foundation. So when I popped into my local Boots a week after Tanya had mentioned it and saw it slap bang in the middle of the stall I just couldn't not buy it. For £8.99 this bottle of goodness has a medium coverage, a shimmer giving the appearance of fresh and clear skin, and a lot of do-gooding chemicals. The bottle is a pump, my favourite kind of bottle, and ensures that you get just the right amount of foundation for your whole face.


The back of the product reads: 'Our first foundation that visibly awakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural looking finish instant anti fatigue effect. With peptides (what?!) and a vitamin mosturising complex.'

I can agree that it makes my skin look brighter and more 'illuminated' but I wouldn't say that my skin is 'flawless' as the foundation is of medium coverage and achieves more of a natural look.
Oh and I googled peptides; a well known chemical used in most high end skin care and apparently prevent aging. Learn more here.

There are only a few bits of advice I would give to a buyer of this product is that the shades are quite dark and the lightest shade is slightly pink-toned, so if you have a yellow-toned skin like me then it's not the best colour match (I took a shade 100 Ivory - lightest shade and still a little too off colour for my very lightly tanned skin). Also, I don't know if it's just me but the foundation is incredibly drying to my skin and I have to heavily moisturise before applying to my skin. (Let me know if you've experienced any problems with dry skin and this product.) So I wouldn't advise this particular foundation for really dry skin types.

But overall this is one of the best all-round drugstore foundations that I've tried, so if you're ever looking for a relatively cheap new foundation - this could be the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment